OnMobile Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2012 Results
BANGALORE, India – Jan 30, 2012:OnMobile Global, today announced the results of its third quarter of fiscal year 2012, ended Dec 31, 2011. Revenue for the fiscal quarter was Rs 1,688 million, a 14 per cent increase versus the comparable period a year ago. Revenue at the end of the third quarter of fiscal year 2011 stood at Rs 1468 million.
Financial highlights (3rdQuarter Fiscal 2012 as compared to 3rd Quarter Fiscal 2011)
- Revenue increased 14% from Rs 1,486 million to Rs, 1,688 million
- EBITDA increased 16% from Rs 336 million to Rs. 392 million
- Operating Margin decreased 10% from Rs 175 million to Rs 157 million
- Net Profit decreased 15% from Rs 209 million to Rs 178 million
- Earnings per share decreased 17 % from Rs 1.8 to Rs 1.5
- International revenues continue to grow well, contributing to 48% of top-line revenues in 3Q as against 42% in 2Q. It was at 50% of top-line in the exit month of December.
- The Telefonica LatAm deployment and the results continue to be in line with expectations. OnMobile launched in three more countries during the quarter taking the total reach in LatAm to 11 countries and 98% of the addressable subscriber base in that market.
- The Telefonica LatAm project has recorded its first positive quarter on an operating basis. The project has turned cash-flow positive in the last quarter and is now operating-profit positive. Both of these have been achieved within a year of launch.
- Mr. Harit Nagpal, currently the MD & CEO at Tata Sky Ltd has joined as a new member of the OnMobile Board. Harit possesses over 25 years of experience in telecom and consumer marketing positions at various companies both in India and overseas. Prior to Tata Sky, Harit worked with Vodafone Essar and other leading brands including Shoppers Stop, Pepsi, Marico and Lakme.
- Mr. Amit Rastogi has joined as OnMobile’s new CFO. A Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant and CPA, Amit has strong experience in commercial transactions, vendor management, driving productivity programs, customer interactions and core finance functions. He joins OnMobile from GE after spending 15 years in India, Asia and US with GE. He has also worked in ANZ Bank and PwC prior to GE.
OnMobile [NSE India: ONMOBILE], headquartered in Bangalore, India, and with offices in all regions of the world, delivers millions of music plays daily to mobile customers worldwide. Based on current deployments, OnMobile has the potential to reach more than 1.1 billion mobile users across several geographies. For further information, please visit www.onmobile.com